SilverSPATZM800LL/M800LW Medium Frequency Inverter Power Source
The SilverSPATZM800LL/M800LW weld timer and 1,000 Hz MFDC inverter is specially designed for applications in the automotive industry by reducing it's capabilities to the basic needs. In combination with an external MFDC transformer it is a cost efficient power supply for resistance welding for a welding current range of 3 kA to 30 kA. The SilverSPATZM800LL/M800LW weld timer and middle frequency inverter is housed in a compact IP20-protected housing for switch cabinet mounting.
Each welding operation is feedback controlled during the weld procedure. The control process has short reaction time, which is based on the 1 kHz inverter frequency. Actual values are compared with target values every 0.5 ms. The output power is adapted during the welding process if targets are not being met.
Constant current control (CCC), constant power control (CPC), constant voltage control (CVC), constant trigger angle Control (CTC) and the adaptive MASTER control process can all be used.
During each weld cycle the controller checks whether all of the welding parameters are within the defined limits. Using the MASTER control mode there is only one reference weld schedule for each sheet combination necessary. In total up 63 reference weld schedules can be stored. If the spot number related weld schedule selection is activated and the timer is running in MASTER control mode then for each individual weld spot number a fine adjustment can be done.
As a standard the SilverSPATZ equipment includes signal inputs for welding current and electrode voltage and one proportional valve output. The internal welding data recorder keeps details of the last 10,000 welding passes. For each of weld it records details of the welding parameters, such as welding current, electrode voltage, energy and current time. Each data set gets a time stamp with time and date. In addition it also stores weld expulsions, counter reset, changing of target values, changing of the control parameters, details of fault status and instances where limits were exceeded.
The whole tip dresser management (initial tip dressing, following tip dressing) and tip dresser supervision (duty cycle supervision, tip dress result supervision, ELK-Check and NUGGETIndex) can be done with the SilverSPATZM800LL/M800LW.
For the coupling to a robot controller or line PLC the SilverSPATZ weld timer is equipped with a PROFIBUS-DP slave according to EN 50170, including automatic baud rate detection and slave address assignment. As an option an INTERBUS-S, a DEVICE-NET or PROFINET interface is available, too. In addition 13 digital inputs and 8 outputs as a standard ensure a reliable data exchange with 24 V DC signals via standard protocols.
The SilverSPATZ is available as air-cooled (M800LL) or water-cooled (M800LW) version.
For communications between the SilverSPATZM800LL/M800LW and a line PC, an Ethernet connection has been implemented, using the AutoSPATZAS-32 software. Communication with a local PC is possible via the RS-232 interface, using the AutoSPATZAS-01 PC-software. In addition a hand held graphic operating device, the SPATZBG-02, is available.
The features of the SilverSPATZM800LL/M800LW are:
- Adaptive MASTER control
- 32 Bit (max. 4,294,967,296 spots) weld spot number selectable via field bus
- 63 MASTER reference weld schedules, can be related to the individual spot numbers
- Different weld schedules easy to configure, e.g. several squeeze and hold times, several current times - different in length and amplitude -, slope up and down, several pause times, force schedules
- Constant trigger angle Control, Constant Current Control CCC, Constant Power Control CPC, Constant Voltage Control CVC
- Signal inputs for current and voltage
- 0 - 10 V or 4 - 20 mA analog output, e.g. for proportional valve
- Weld parameter limit checking for all weld parameters like weld current, electrode voltage, current time, total energy, final resistance, trigger angle; optionally for force and penetration
- Internal welding data recorder for the last 10,000 welding for quality assurance
- Automatic investigation for limit setting MASlim
- Tighten weld parameter limit checking via Signature Supervision
- Schedules and check of minimum and maximum force before current time start
- Sensor fault detection for electrode voltage and weld current sensor
- Input for weld stop within 0.5 ms
- 63 independent electrode life counters with stepper function
- 63 independent tip dress counters
- Tip dresser management and control
- Tip dresser supervision via ELK-Check and NUGGETIndex
- Interface for weld gun identification system MASDAT
- Battery buffered real time clock and counter values
- Parallel-I/O interface 24 V DC, 13 digital inputs, 8 digital outputs
- External 24 V DC power supply for digital outputs and peripherals e.g. via robot
- PROFIBUS-DP interface for I/O handling
- As an option: INTERBUS-S, DEVICE-NET or PROFINET interfaces available
- Ethernet interface for communication with line PC, TCP/IP protocol
- Interfaces for local PC (RS-232) and SPATZBG-02 hand held programming device
- Firmware update via PC / Internet
- Air-cooled / water-cooled
|Welding spot selection||32 Bit|
|No. of programs||63|
|Welding impulses / program||16|
|Control modes||MASTER, CCC, CPC, CVC|
|Weld parameter monitoring||yes|
|Stepper function||for CCC, CPC, CVC|
|Slope up / slope down||yes|
|Signal inputs||current, voltage|
|1 x Output for proportional valve||0 - 10 V DC or 4 - 20 mA|
|Mains Voltage U1||3~400 V - 500 V or 3~690 V,
|Max. power Smax||400 kVA with 400 V|
|Nominal power SN||150 kVA with 20 % duty cycle, 400 V
90 kVA with 50 % duty cycle, 400 V
|Output voltage U2N||500 V / 1,000 Hz|
|Output current I2max||850 A|
|Interfaces||SPATZBG-02, MASDAT, RS-232,
ambient air temperature max. 50 °C / 122 °F
2 l / min at 20 °C - 25 °C, max. 10 bar
1 gal (US) / min at 68 °F - 77 °F, max. 145 PSI
|Type of protection||IP20|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||390 x 200 x 345 mm
15.4 x 7.9 x 13.6 in
|Weight SilverSPATZM800LL||22 kg / 48.5 lb|
|Weight SilverSPATZM800LW||18 kg / 39.7 lb|
|Included in delivery||- documentation
- connecting kit