3-Phase Direct-Current Technique
Before inverter technology has been made available for reasonable prices, units of this design offered the best compromise as far as prices and achievable current quality have been concerned.
This applies, however, only to perfect unit design as the transformers must be adapted with utmost precision to the welding task. The intended low residual ripple is only generated if the control is operated almost full scale.
Compared with simple alternating-current systems, this means:
- 3-phase balanced system load
- relatively low residual ripple of the welding current with 300 Hz
- smallest controllable unit of time 1/6 period (3,33 ms at 50 Hz)
- uninterrupted energy input into the weld nugget
- low inductive losses through rectified welding current, therefore transformer size is independent of the welding window
- task-specific design of the transformers
Our products: Since the relatively inflexible design of 3 phase DC machines does no longer meet increased demands, we do not offer those types of welding systems.
As an alternative, however, the entire product range of SPATZ+ and SilverSPATZ inverter power sources is available.
|Inverter||Welding Current||Inverter||Welding Current|
|up to 18 kA||SPATZ+H300||up to 9 kA|
|up to 30 kA||SPATZ+H9000||up to 9 kA|
|SPATZ+M900||up to 45 kA|
|SPATZ+Tandem1800||up to 65 kA|
|SPATZ+MS2400||up to 100 kA|